The Stagecoach Inn Restoration:
- Restore the Stagecoach Inn restaurant and Longhorn Room meeting space along Main Street
- Rebuild the brand and reputation of Stagecoach Inn as the dining and special events destination of Central
- Renovate, expand and reopen the hotel - 120 hotel rooms and 10,000 square feet of meeting space
- Move the primary hotel entrance and reception area to Main Street
- Heavily landscape along IH-35 to buffer sights and sounds of the highway
- Add outdoor event spaces, new family areas around the main pool, and a new mineral pool and spa
Thank you for your patience and understanding during this process.
History of Stagecoach Inn:
Stagecoach Inn opened in 1861 as the Shady Villa Hotel on the banks of Salado Creek and is the oldest,
continuously operating hotel in Texas, hosting guests as distinctive and varied as Sam Houston, Robert E. Lee,
George Custer, Shanghai Pierce, Sam Bass and Jesse James. Dion and Ruth Van Bibber opened the restaurant
1 S. Main Street in 1943 in the long shuttered Shady Villa Hotel, and for many years thereafter Stagecoach Inn
was one of the most famous and renowned highway restaurants in the country.
Our team is uniquely qualified to rehabilitate and re-position the Stagecoach Inn as a destination. We have a
clear understanding of the Stagecoach's history, the strength of the brand and the people's affection for it, and
the potential of the place to once again draw locals and visitors from across Texas for a gracious and authentic
respite from the rigors of the modern world.
La Corsha Hospitality will operate the Stagecoach. Jeff Trigger and David Bull, the principals of La Corsha,
lifetime of remarkable experience in the hospitality industry, from operating the iconic Mansion on Turtle Creek
Dallas to the restoration of the historic Driskill Hotel in Austin and the Stoneleigh in Dallas, to fine dining
(Congress Restaurant in Austin), to restoration and the wildly successful re-opening of the historic Hotel
in Big Spring and the in-process restoration of the historic Baker Hotel in Mineral Wells.
Clark Lyda, the project developer, is a lifelong resident of Central Texas and patron of the Stagecoach. He is a
commercial investor/developer in Austin and Georgetown.